Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Week 8 Buzz

Dear Parents,


Last week I announced math and science tests which were to occur this week. However, the students have had several tests recently. In order to give them time to rest and time to study appropriately, I have decided to postpone the tests until next week. (I want to teach them to study, not to cram.)

The science test will take place Wednesday, October 7. The math test will be the following day. The topics for the math test are evaluating expressions with letters and solving for unknown minuends, subtrahends, and summands. The topics for science are inertia and the difference between mass and weight. Stay tuned, as I will be posting study guides later this week!

In math class we are beginning our review of multiplication. Most of you have seen the multiplication flashcards I sent home with your students. Please review the flashcards with them at least twice each evening and sign the multiplication logs your students have in their homework folders. I have shortened the written math assignments in order to give students time to study multiplication facts.

In science we are transitioning from physics to electricity. We introduced atoms last week, and this week we will be using our knowledge of atoms to understand the nature of electricity. The students and I are enjoying the change of pace from the abstract study of physics to the concrete study of electricity. This change of topic will allow us more opportunities for experiments and activities.

I wish everyone a productive work week. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.

Sincerely,



Miss Wycklendt

No comments:

Post a Comment